I'd really be ok not going for a week or two. As I was driving to yet another doctor's appointment this week, I realized that since the first week of December, there has been exactly one week that we haven't visited the pediatrician's office. It's no wonder they are starting to feel like my closest friends, especially since Megan, Matthew and I are limiting our trips outside the home until flu/RSV season is over.
Here's a summary of our trips to the pediatrician's office in the past 16 weeks by kid in chronological order:
Sarah: 6 visits: strep and pink eye; sinus infection, ear infection and fluid build-up in lung (pre-pneumonia); strep; pink eye; ear infection; ear infection
Megan: 10 visits: 2 post hospital follow up to ensure UTI cleared; 4 month check; cold with wheezing; pink eye; 5 month check; pink eye and ear infection; 6 month check; cold with high fever with crackling in lungs (pre-pneumonia); is Megan wheezing or congested? (answer: both)
Matthew: 9 visits: newborn check; 3 weight checks; 1 month check; goopy eyes; ear infection; 2 month check; fussy/not eating well
What a crazy winter! I definitely am looking forward to getting through the sick season. The doctor that we saw this week said that this has been the worst winter that she's seen. Kids just get over one thing when they get sick with something else. I guess it's nice to know my kids aren't the only ones going through this.....
Of course, we have left most of the sick visits with prescriptions which leads us to go to our second favorite place--Walgreens.
No more sickness. No more sickness. No more sickness.
ReplyDeleteWhat a lot of Drs. visits. I hope its about over.
ReplyDeleteAmen!!!
ReplyDelete