Friday, March 18, 2011

Writing Songs

We like to sing... A lot! We often sing "real" songs but we are just as likely to put whatever we are doing to music. Sarah and I sometimes have singing conversations. Most of these songs are for the moment and then they go away. Exceptions are in things like the tooth brushing song, the potty song, etc. Well Sarah has written her own song and has consistantly sung it for months so I thought we should share it. I should explain that we have a keyboard with some built in tunes and she will sit at the keyboard and choose a tune and make up words to it. This is the only song I know of that doesn't change. She kindly wrote the words for me to share:

(Sung to the tune of "Auld Lang Syne")

the brids in est
and babies west
the horses est
the grli bos
and boy with tis
but not nk tis

As sung, it sounds more like this:

The birds in east
and babies west
the horses e-e-east
the girly bows
and boys with ties
but not neck ties.

She loves this song. She will sing it all the time. I should note that the song was inspired by this picture from the children's song book.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing this. I can just picture Sarah singing these words and the picture in the songbook explains them totally. Keep up the creativity Sarah!

    ReplyDelete