Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Spring Break Week 2: A Visit with Cousins

Sarah, Megan, Matthew and I went to daddy's work for lunch one day last week.  It was fun to see daddy during the day!

Cheryl-Lynn and her boys had been planning on visiting us the first week of Spring Break.  However, for some reason they didn't want our germs that week and so opted to wait.  Then they got sick and so delayed their visit even more.  They finally came the middle of last week.  We were able to have a nice visit. 

Here's some pictures of our activities while they were here:

Trips to Parks





A Trip to the Zoo

I spent a lot of time feeding babies.  I was at the zoo for about 5 hours and probably spent around half of that feeding Megan and Matthew.  We arrived at the zoo and I fed Matthew.  We went by the bathroom, watched a short animal show, saw the koalas and then I fed Megan.  We saw a few more animals before I fed Matthew again.  Then we saw a bit more of the zoo before I left with the babes to get home in time to feed them.  Cheryl-Lynn says they were able to see a lot more animals after the three of us left.  In terms of what the kids seemed to enjoy the most, we figure that next time we should skip the zoo and instead go to a play area for Luke and Sarah and a place with water to play in for Andrew.  I do think they enjoyed the animals as well.

 








Playing the Wii and lots of other games (especially Lego games)



Playing with Legos



Silly Stories



Lots of Eating 




Playing and Helping with Megan and Matthew

Andrew was very concerned by Megan's size.  The whole time he was here, we'd hear variations of "Mommy, Megan not little--Megan really, really big."  He's spent the last four months since their Thanksgiving visit telling his family that he wanted to wash his hands and hold Megan.  Once he actually saw her again, she was so much bigger than he remembered.  Apparently us adults aren't the only ones to notice that babies grow.  (Interestingly, Matthew is now the same age Megan was at their last visit.  I think that "little Megan" is bigger than Matthew is now.)

At Thanksgiving with "Little Megan"



Now with "Big Megan"



Other kid pictures






I definitely enjoyed having my sister stay with us.  You are welcome to come help, er, visit anytime:)







2 comments:

  1. It was fun to read all about your visit and see all the cute pictures! I'm so glad everyone was finally healthy! Cousins are great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh good pictures. I might steal some for my blog...

    ReplyDelete