Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Matthew's talk

Matthew gave his first talk in Primary a week ago Sunday. Not that he actually said anything. He stood there looking cute while U whispered to him and then ended up giving his talk for him. He did hold up the picture of Jesus being baptized. (Megan and Sarah both did scriptures that day so it was a busy day for our family!)

I should add that while Matthew didn't say any of his talk, he did help write it. Although not everything he wanted to include in his talk made the cut. For instance, he wanted to include that he had two cars. Anyhow, here's the talk:

Baptism is important.  My dad and mom and sister are all baptized.  My favorite primary song is "When Jesus Christ was Baptized." I sing it all the time.  After we are baptized we get the gift of the Holy Ghost.  I am excited to follow Jesus' example and be baptized.  In the name of Jesus Christ, amen.

Since then, Matthew wants to give his talk to us everyday. He will often sing "When Jesus Christ was Baptized" as well. It's cute!

2 comments:

  1. I love this story and the picture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great talk, Matthew! You can give it to me anytime you want!

    ReplyDelete