Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Waterton Canyon

We went on a nice hike up Waterton Canyon. Grandpa was great and took charge of the two little ones at first. You can't tell in this picture, but they weren't excited to be walking--they wanted to ride. However, we told them they could walk some of the way.

Matthew's face here shows how he feels about walking.

I should add that once they accepted that they would be walking, they did great. Megan walked about 2.5 miles of the 4 mile hike and Matthew walked about 3.5 miles. Of course, some of Matthew's distance was due to the fact that I told him I'd only carry him after he'd gone potty. (For some reason I didn't want him to have an accident on my back!) And he didn't like his options for going potty. He did eventually go, though. 


Sarah by where we ate lunch.

We saw lots of Rocky Mountain bighorn sheep. Pretty neat!



Sarah and Grandpa down by the river.

Sarah and Grandpa looking for the fox. They did this a lot, as they were plotting their video "What Does the Fox Say?"

Fun times!

Cheese!

Sarah and Matthew playing in the water. Sarah would like to say that her shoes and socks got very wet. Kind of uncomfortable for walking in.

Me and my girls.

Sarah fishing with a huge branch that she found.

Matthew fishing. 

We had some serious hat swapping going on.

Like Grandpa's hat? I think the bow is flattering.

Awwwwww....
And we all have on each other's hats.

1 comment:

  1. That was a really fun hike! And all the kids did great!

    ReplyDelete