Monday, October 21, 2013

Race Day!

This past Saturday was the annual Intel 10k/5k/1 mile run/walk. We went, of course, and had a great time.

Megan, Matthew and I waiting to start the 1 mile race.

Sarah waiting for us to start the race.

Here we go! We finished in about 15 minutes. Since I was actually moving 3 people, I figure you divide the 15 by 3, so a 5 minute mile. Not bad!

U and Sarah demonstrate their running skills. (I would have taken a race picture of them, but I was watching 4 kids during the 5k run and so wasn't able to get one.)

They finished the 5k in 30:55 minutes. Not bad at all!
Side note: I know kids grow up quickly, but I'm shocked to learn she is 14. I completely missed birthdays 9-14. I guess that saved us some money:)

After racing, we ate some breakfast and then the kids had fun playing in the bouncers.

Sarah was super helpful. She helped both Megan and Matthew climb up so they could go down the slide. She also helped Matthew go through the obstacle course in the other bouncer.

Matthew liked sliding down with Sarah.

They sure love each other!

1 comment: