Wednesday, October 11, 2017

California Trip Day 1: Maritime Museum and beach

Over Fall Break, we went to California. San Diego County, to be precise. It's such a nice place to visit. Our first stop was the Maritime Museum in San Diego. There were quite a few boats we could tour.

Here Megan is washing the deck of the ship. Her expression is intentional, meant to show how much she enjoys cleaning.

Matthew working the riggings.

Megan and Matthew on the ship.

Matthew, U and Megan on the deck of the Star of India. She's a beautiful ship! She went around the world 21 times.

Captains Matthew, Megan and Me.

Megan and Me with the HMS Surprise in the background.

Megan and Matthew taking a little snooze....

Sarah looking through a periscope on the USS Dolphin. If I had to live on a submarine for awhile, I'd definitely choose this one--much more spacious than the other subs we've toured.

Megan take a turn.

Matthew helping Me look around.

Matthew on the steam ferryboat Berkeley.

We headed up to Oceanside to stay in a condo by the beach. We arrived just in time to see the sunset



1 comment:

  1. I love the sunsets! And boats are amazing to me--I wouldn't have wanted to go across the ocean on any of them!

    ReplyDelete