Just a couple of weeks ago, I was presented with two lovely invitations:
The one on the left has Megan and I holding hands with a lot of balloons. The one on the right shows me with a table full of LEGO bricks. These were invitations to the kindergarten "Donuts with Dad" program. I was very excited to go. Their classes were both having it the same morning together so I could attend with both of them. They were very secretive about what was going to happen but I knew it would involve donuts and singing.
When I got there, Megan and Matthew escorted me back to the multipurpose room and I saw there was a reserved spot for me. Each of them had prepared a paper donut with a poem and written some facts about me. Here is the poem (Megan on the left, Matthew on the right):
The poem reads:
Daddy's name: Uriah
What do you call him? Dad
How old is he? 47
How tall is he? 7 feet 10
How much does he weigh? 100 pounds
What color is his hair? brown
What is his favorite drink and snack? fruit snacks and water
What does he cook? Fish
What is his favorite TV show? Star Wars
What is his favorite thing to do with you? Play Star Wars video games with me
What does he like to do for fun? play
What does he do during the day? Works
What's the one thing he says to you most often? Yes
(The picture is me watching the sunset on a white sand beach.)
When I got there, Megan and Matthew escorted me back to the multipurpose room and I saw there was a reserved spot for me. Each of them had prepared a paper donut with a poem and written some facts about me. Here is the poem (Megan on the left, Matthew on the right):
The poem reads:
This donut is a circle
with no beginning and no end
It's like all the things you do for me
amd all the time you spend
It was made with lots of love
especially to say
I hope you have a very
Happy Daddy Donut Day!
They also each decorated a tie for me which I wore the rest of the day.
They then had a singing program with three songs that were a lot of fun.
We then had real donuts and I sent them off to the playground. It was a fun time and I'm glad I could be there.
Facts about Daddy:
From Megan
Daddy's name: Riah
What do you call him? Dad
How old is he? 40
How tall is he? 7 feet
How much does he weigh? 89 pounds
What color is his hair? black
What is his favorite drink and snack? Water and banana
What does he cook? noodles
What is his favorite TV show? Batman and Superman
What is his favorite thing to do with you? Wrestle
What does he like to do for fun? Works with me
What does he do during the day? Works
What's the one thing he says to you most often? Go do homework
(The picture shows off my brown eyes.)
From Matthew
What do you call him? Dad
How old is he? 47
How tall is he? 7 feet 10
How much does he weigh? 100 pounds
What color is his hair? brown
What is his favorite drink and snack? fruit snacks and water
What does he cook? Fish
What is his favorite TV show? Star Wars
What is his favorite thing to do with you? Play Star Wars video games with me
What does he like to do for fun? play
What does he do during the day? Works
What's the one thing he says to you most often? Yes
(The picture is me watching the sunset on a white sand beach.)


What a great memory! Glad you were able to be with both of them.
ReplyDelete