Tuesday, May 20, 2014

What Happens in Vegas.....

Well, this is me, so what happens in Vegas can pretty much be told anywhere:)

I enjoyed a quick trip to my sister's home. It was a make up trip from Thanksgiving when my sister decided to spend the weekend in the hospital having a baby and I got to watch the kids instead of visit with her. In all actuality, that trip wasn't so bad. However, I definitely had to take U up on the chance to go see my sister again!

I got to spend a lot of time with Benjamin. He sure loves throwing balls. I was impressed by how good he was! I guess it comes from practicing ALL THE TIME. That kid could probably throw balls all day long!




I also got to spend some time with Elizabeth. She sure is a cutie and can really coo!



I was able to play quite a few games with Luke and Andrew. They had Friday off of school, so we went to a water park for a bit.

Friday evening, Kiley took the two older boys on a Father/Sons campout so my sister and I had a girls night, with the two youngest in tow. (They actually were really well-behaved!) We went to the Bellagio, where we saw the fountains and the flowers. And a marriage. Yes, we saw a couple getting married on the sidewalk down in front of the Bellagio right before the fountains went off. It was a small party--bride, groom, two witnesses and the officiant. We were standing right next to them to watch the fountains. We also went to Paris to get a crepe. That was yummy with lemon and blueberries:)





This was a really cool picture created entirely of plants!




On Saturday, we went to Andrew's last soccer game of the season as well as the end-of-season party. I also helped my sister's friend pack to move the next day.

It sure was nice to go visit. And it was fun to be able to talk to my family on my iPod. The three boys liked being able to see their cousins. Benjamin was super cute--he'd often bring a ball or a croc and hold it up for everyone to see. It actually works well since they can see it, as opposed to when they show you something with a phone.

I had a bit of bad luck with my flights. Both coming and going, they were delayed about 2 hours. Kiley was nice enough to come get me super late when I arrived. On the home trip, I changed my trip to the next day so that I got in at a more reasonable hour.

Here's a picture from the plane. The Hoover Dam is in the bottom right of the photo, but it's a bit hard to see at this resolution.

2 comments:

  1. Sister visits are special, as are Aunt visits. I'm glad you were able to go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really glad you got to go back and you and your sister got more time together. Nice of you to help with your niece and nephews.

    ReplyDelete