Thursday, May 29, 2014

Toddler Antics

I thought I'd share a few recent toddler happenings from our home.

Megan is in speech. It's going quite well and she really liked the teacher she had for the past couple of months (she'll have a new one next year). One night before she had speech, she prayed, "Help me to do a good job at speech tomorrow." She enjoys doing her homework/practice. Matthew often asks to do it as well :)

When U or I are leaving, Matthew likes to come to the car door to "tell you something." Then he'll precede to talk to us for a bit. He generally asks us to come check on him when we get home and hold his hand and rub his back (bedtime routine). He even asked me to do this Sunday when I was leaving the church and he was riding in the other car. Pretty cute! Megan will often come talk to us at the car door as well. They also like pushing us out of the garage.

Megan and Matthew often refer to each other as "my brother" and "my sister." For example, Megan will say, "My brother is little." Matthew will say, "My sister is big." They get along and play together really well most of the time. I love hearing about life from their perspective!

A few months ago, we had a couple of Buzz Lightyear billboards with ads for Disneyland. Megan and Matthew loved seeing them. Then they went away, which was sad. However, one of them is now back. The first time Matthew saw it, he got so excited and talked about how the bad guys took it down and then the firemen put it back up (he loves firemen and plans on being one when he grows up).

One day, Matthew came down wanting a paint brush. I gave him one, figuring he wanted to "paint" water or something similar. When I went upstairs, I discovered the truth: Megan and Matthew had somehow gotten water colors, which they used to paint the train table and the wall in the tower. Matthew also drank the water from the cup they used to clean the paint brushes. Ewww! At least it was water paint.

Potty training is always so much fun. Both Megan and Matthew are doing well overall. However, there are some rough patches. For example, on Sunday, U was at church already and I was getting lunch ready for the kids and me. Matthew called me and said he made a mess. I went down to the bathroom to find it flooded with the carpet starting to get wet. I got him cleaned up and out of the room and then unclogged the toilet (he'd put too much tp in it and tried to fix the problem by flushing repeatedly....). Then I cleaned up the bathroom and used a wet vac on the carpet. Fun times!!!

2 comments:

  1. What fun word/pictures these were of life with 2 three year olds! Busy times, learning times--you can see them 'thinking' but with limited experience and knowledge. Precious! I love you, Megan and Matthew!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice to read these stories. What a patient mom to clean up the bathroom. They are doing their best as they learn how to be self-sufficient.

    ReplyDelete