Monday, February 14, 2011

First Week

Last week was my first week on my own. 
  • I successfully got Sarah to school on time four days with everyone being fed and clothed (sometime pjs for Matthew, but hey, he was clothed!).  I would have got her there the fifth day but she ended up being home sick with pink eye on Wednesday.  The school nurse called after lunch on Tuesday to tell me her eye was a little pink and crusty.  She wasn't going to send Sarah home because she wasn't sure it was pink eye and Sarah wasn't complaining of anything else, but when I explained Sarah's history of sickness (ie, she doesn't complain even when she's really sick), she decided Sarah should come home.  Thankfully U was able to get her as Megan had just gone down for a nap and was exhausted and Matthew was ready to eat.  (As a side note, I'd like to say that if I'm able to get Sarah to school, you'd think she would at least have the decency to stay the full day!  :) )
  • I successfully sustained three human lives during the day for the whole week.  (At least this is what U tells me I did when I tell him I don't get anything done but feeding and helping with sleeping and a bit of playing.)
  • I successfully had three kids at home for a whole day and minimized the contact the loving but sick older sister had with her two younger siblings.
  • I successfully got Megan, Matthew and me to Physical Therapy and to the chiropractor.  Physical Therapy had been planned.  The chiropractor had been planned for me by myself but they called to see if I could come earlier.  I said I could if they'd babysit my kids (joking, of course) but they took me up on it.  Megan and Matthew both did really well with it, too.
  • I successfully didn't go crazy (I'm saving that for this week).

2 comments:

  1. Why are you getting physical therapy?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Megan is getting Physical Therapy because she has Right Congenital Muscular Torticollis. She is doing really well now in terms of her muscle movement. We are now working on preferences she may have developed due to limited movement (ie rolling both ways).

    ReplyDelete