Apparently we breed ear infections around here. Or something like that.
It started with Sarah. I got a call from the school nurse a few weeks ago that her eye was a little goopy and pink. I took her to the doctor and, sure enough, she had pink eye. The next week, I took her back to the doctor because she had been up literally all night coughing. Turns out that she had an ear infection and a sinus infection.
The next day, Megan's eyes were really goopy and a little pink. I called and made a doctor's appointment for the next morning. By afternoon, Matthew's eyes were starting to be a little goopy, so I added him to the appointment. Megan had pink eye and an ear infection while Matthew had a cold with goopy eyes.
Last week, Matthew had a horrible sounding cough. I was concerned his cold had moved into his lungs and so I went to the doctor yet again. The good news is that his lungs were clear. The bad news is that he had an ear infection.
An interesting thing is that all three kids just had ear infections in their right ear. And none of them had a fever. (We've never had a fever with an ear infection, not even when it was a double ear infection with pneumonia.) Here's to hoping that we're on the mend and won't be spending quite so much time at the doctor's office!
No comments:
Post a Comment