We had too many ER visits between our two family reunions. Four, to be exact. I kept requesting that we not have anymore hospital visits and people kept not listening to me! I'm really not sure why as it seems like a perfectly logical request......
It started when Grandma H got sick on the way to the Utah reunion and ended up needing to go to the hospital. Then Seth fell from the top of the rock wall and broke his back. In Colorado, Kiley fell down the driveway and broke his arm and displaced his pinky.
The last visit was by Matthew who had a bad allergic reaction in the middle of the night and freaked his mom out. He came into our bedroom in the night, telling us "I'm allergic." He was continually coughing and his breathing sounded horrible. We gave him some medicine but he kept sounding bad so I called 911. By the time the ambulance finally arrived (40 minutes later--we had to call them back when they drove behind the house to tell them they missed us), he was doing better. Still, they recommended that we take him in just to make sure, which we did.
My favorite question of the whole ordeal was when the EMTs were calling the doctor at the ER to tell him about our refusal for transport (which they recommended so we wouldn't need to pay for the ambulance). They explained the situation about this "4 year old male" who was having an allergic reaction but seemed to be doing better and so didn't need ambulance transport. The doctor's first question: "Is he intoxicated?" Um, no.....
Matthew in the front of the ambulance.
At least we got a stuffed animal out of the whole ordeal.
I am glad he wasn't intoxicated.
ReplyDelete