Saturday, September 14, 2013

Megan's 3 year check up

Megan had her three year check up this week. She is doing well over all. Yeah!

The doctor thinks she likely has seasonal allergies due to a combination of factors (pretty bad keratosis polaris {this is the medical term for the bumps all over her skin}, wheezing, coughs, lingering colds, how her eyes and nose look, etc). I'm not at all surprised--I figured she has seasonal allergies. We're seeing if giving her an antihistamine every day for a couple weeks helps with the symptoms.

We may have her speech evaluated to see if she qualifies for speech therapy. She is talking more all the time so we don't have any real concerns there; it's more about the enunciation of the words. The doctor said people not including family should be able to understand 75% of what she says at this age, which I don't think is the case. So we will see how she progresses in the next little bit and then decide.

Weight: 28.8 pounds (~30%)
Height: 37.25 inches (~60%)

1 comment:

  1. Megan is growing up to be a delightful little girl! And so fun to talk to! People couldn't understand 75% of what I said until I was in speech either.

    ReplyDelete