The following is part of our actual dinner conversation from last night. Enjoy!
U: Sarah, the rest of the tomatoes are yours.
S: I don't want them all.
M: Eat them. They are good for your prostate. {pause} Actually, you don't have a prostate.
{We had a coworker who ate tomatoes and would tell us it was good for his prostate.}
S: Do Megan and Matthew have them?
M: Megan doesn't have one either, but Matthew does.
S: Is it because we're adopted?
M: (Laughing hard) Mommy doesn't have a prostate either.
S: (to M) Are you adopted too?
M: (laughing harder) If a stranger looked at you, Megan and Matthew, what would he say was different about you and Megan versus Matthew?
S: Um... We don't have a prostate?
At this point there is much laughing and repeating of the above lines.
S: I know! We all have brown hair!
M: Daddy has a prostate too.
U: And I have brown hair, so that can't be it.
S: We have sharp teeth?!?
M: Does Matthew have sharp teeth?
S: I don't know.
M: (joking) Have him bite you.
S: Okay! (Proceeds to have him bite her finger) That didn't hurt. (Has Megan bite her finger.) Ow! Can I see your teeth Mom?
M: Ahh.
S: Sharp teeth!
Can I see your teeth Dad?
U: Ahh.
S: Not sharp!
Not having a prostate must mean your teeth are sharp!
(five minutes later)
S: Oh I know! We're all girls!
M: Right!
All of us, including Sarah, got a lot of laughs out of this conversation. It also does a good job showing how you can prove what you are trying to prove (like girls have sharp teeth and boys don't).
Thanks for sharing! I was laughing as well and laughing is good for your health whether or not you have a prostate!
ReplyDelete