Sunday, November 6, 2011

How to Walk by Megan

I'm learning to walk right now and thought I would share a few pointers. Here's what I generally do:

1) Push up to standing. While standing, I find it helps to have my legs really wide--better balance that way. Get really excited about this. (Note: You may fall down at this point.*)



2) Optional step: Prime your muscles by picking something up. Things I've tried include all sorts of toys, empty diaper boxes and pumpkins. (Note: You may fall down at this point.*)


3) Take a few steps. There are a few ways of doing this. One is by holding onto stationary objects like walls, gates, couches and cabinets. Another is to hold onto things that move like mom's fingers or dad's legs, a toy or a stool. I like this way a little better because then you can move wherever you want to. A third way, if you're feeling really brave, is to take a few steps not holding onto anything. That's really exciting! (Note: You may fall down at this point.*)

*Whenever you fall down, it is very important to remember to applaud yourself and encourage others to do the same.

3 comments:

  1. The faces Megan is making are priceless. SO MUCH EXCITEMENT!! Thanks for posting such wonderful pictures of all the Os.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too love Megan's expressions! What a happy, excited kid!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is very proud of herself, as well she should be.

    ReplyDelete