Monday, June 27, 2011

Megan's Sealing

On June 18th we were able to take Megan to the temple to have her sealed to us.  What an awesome experience!  Both sets of grandparents, my sister and some friends from our ward were there to support us.  It was really cool to be able to walk into the temple with all three kids.  You could definitely tell that temple patrons aren't used to hearing babies cry!  Our moms went with the kids to the Youth Center which was nice.  I fed Matthew in there, too, which was pretty cool--how many people can say they fed their baby in the temple?

The actual sealing was wonderful.  The most special moment for me was when they brought in all three kids--WOW!  To see them all dressed in white and in there with us was really, really awesome!   Megan was really good and looked so lovely!  We showed Sarah how our family goes on in both directions in the mirrors--just like we can be in eternity.  Very neat and I have to say I feel a little bad that not everyone gets this experience.  (As an interesting aside, Sarah wasn't going to wear a white dress since she didn't have to.  The temple workers were trying to talk her into it, but she was quite set against it.  They showed them a short video before they went into the sealing room and after watching it, Sarah said that she thought she should wear a white dress.  And she looked beautiful in it, I might add.)

Brother Angel Sandoval was our sealer.  He was from Mexico, adopted three of his children and had some nice insights.  He had a hard time saying U's name and eventually started calling him by his middle name (which was interesting since that is his dad's name and his dad was there). 

The funny moment of the morning came when I walked back into the Bride's Room afterwards.  The temple workers said to me, "And you're Sister Who?" to which I replied "Sister O" not quite sure why they were asking.  I then realized most people coming back in have just been married.

Here are some pictures of the beautiful day.









1 comment:

  1. It was a special day and I loved being there with you and your family. A day made in heaven!

    ReplyDelete