We talked a lot with Sarah about what happens when we die. She had a lot of questions about it!
U made a box to bury Chica in and Sarah decorated it. We had a funeral service where we talked about our memories of Chica. U chiseled Chica's name on a rock to mark her grave. If you come, Sarah would probably be happy to show you where Chica is buried.
Some memories of Chica:
- Chica couldn't fly. Strange thing for a bird not to be able to fly. Maybe now she can fly:) She sure could run fast, though.
- Chica would chirp whenever people were around--she really did like being around us.
- She would often fall off her perch at random times. She'd then spring right back up onto it again. It was kind of funny and we generally had no idea why she fell.
- U would often tell Chica "don't stay up late playing with your bell" when he'd cover her up at night. She would then defiantly ring her bell.
- Chica would come to the side of her cage and give us little loving pecks.
- Chica liked her belly being scratched.
- She really loved playing with her bell. Sometimes it seemed like she was having wrestling matches with it. She'd even fall off her perch when they got really intense.
- Chica would often sleep on her swing.





I will miss Chicka's happy singing and bell ringing. She really liked to sing along.
ReplyDeleteWhat about Otting? Chica Tiki Allen Otting? Am I going crazy? Yes I am. And I'm sad she's gone but I'm happy she brought you joy for so many years. She and Stephanie are now best buds!
ReplyDelete