Matthew had his 4 month check on May 10th.
Stats:
Weight: 13 lb 3 oz (10%)
Length: 24 inches (10%)
Head Circumference: 16.75 inches (50%)
Yes, his head continues to grow! The doctor says that is a good thing—head growth is something they watch more than weight gain in terms of catch-up for small and/or preemie babies. I figure he just has a small version of his daddy’s head. However, if it keeps going up in percentile he may get a head scan done to make sure the head size is just familial and that there aren’t any issues (something I actually asked about since a friend’s baby just had brain surgery for hydrocephalus).
Matthew is doing great developmentally—he is doing all the things he should be. He showed his running legs to the doctor who asked him where he was going. He also demonstrated his gripping ability by grabbing her hand when she was trying to check his ears, effectively making it impossible for her to check them (I had to pry his hand off).
No comments:
Post a Comment