This past weekend was the annual Intel race. We participated again, with the kids and I running the 1 mile race and U running the 5K after helping Matthew run the 1 mile.
Here Sarah is at the start. We didn't see her the whole time! She finished in 9 min 47 seconds, which was second for her age division. Go Sarah!
Here I am at the start with Megan and Matthew. We decided they were old enough to run this year and they did well. Right after taking this picture, U took Matthew so I could run with Megan. Megan kept up a steady pace the whole way and finished in 12 min 56 seconds. I was really impressed with how she kept going. Matthew had a bit harder time as he discovered that his shoes were too small and so experimented with running without shoes and with his shoes but without socks. Even with that complication, he kept running and finished in 14 min 44 seconds.
Here U is at the start of the 5K. He was pleased with his time of 30 min 16 seconds.
After running, we had bagels and fruit for breakfast. And Sarah had a fair bit of candy from the booths. Then the kids enjoyed the bouncy house, slide and obstacle course.
And Batman was there. Matthew and Megan enjoyed posing with him.
Run, Ottings, run!
ReplyDeleteImpressive all around! Did you get Matthew new shoes?
ReplyDeleteWhat a fun day, good job on the running Ottinglets.
ReplyDelete