Monday, October 5, 2015

California Day 1: Travel and Fleet Science Center

We left for San Diego after breakfast. Besides it being really windy for some of the trip, the drive was uneventful.

We arrived in warm, sunny San Diego.....better make that cold, wet San Diego mid afternoon and spent the next few hours exploring the Fleet Science Center at Balboa Park. There were lots of cool exhibits including one where we learned all about the human body, one where we could build marble tracks and a Kid City for younger kids. 

Sarah shows off her creation.

Marble track U made with the kids.

Matthew loved the fire truck in Kid City.

Matthew on the conveyer belt. Who said it's just for food and supplies?

Megan turning the conveyor belt.

U getting disks spinning on the turn table.

Cheese!


After the museum closed, we wandered around Balboa Park for a bit. I sure love Balboa Park! It has such a nice feel to it. Then we got dinner at Tender Greens and headed to our motel for the night. 

One of the kids' favorite moments was when I fired Siri. I was asking her for directions to the San Diego Safari Park. Instead of pulling up directions for the Safari Park, she kept pulling up directions to the Super 8. I tried a few different ways of doing it, always with the Super 8 result at the end. So I told Siri that she was fired. The kids thought that was hilarious and kept telling Siri she was fired all week.

Favorite part of the day
Matthew: Kid City, dinner at Tender Greens
Megan: the drive to San Diego (editor's note: you would never guess this based on conversation during the drive)
Sarah: super scooter she got to drive through a cell at the Science Museum
Me: walking through Balboa Park
U: the turntable at the museum

1 comment: