Monday, February 9, 2015

Preschool Fun

Last week, we studied the letter "l" and talked about love. The kids enjoyed acting out the story of the Good Samaritan. We made heart-shaped placemats, made love cards using paint and wrote ways we can show we love one another.

Megan cutting paper for her placemat.

Matthew putting his paper on the contact paper.

The finished product. Megan's is the one of the left and Matthew's is on the right.


Some of the cards we made.

And the inside.

Ways we can show we love each other.

More ways to show love.
My favorite is "Get out of the house quickly when there is a fire." Matthew kept repeating this over and over. When I told him we were writing ways to show love, he replied, "But I love firemen." I can't argue with that!



This week, we learned about the letter "v" and vision. Our Bible story was about Jesus healing the blind man. We learned about our five senses. Matthew especially liked the song we learned to help us remember our senses--he's been singing it all the time. We had a lot of fun activities. I put different food in glasses and then had Megan and Matthew smell them to see if they could figure out what the food was. Then they tasted them to see if they could figure out what the food was. They did great on both activities (although they both called "cinnamon" "sugar." I guess you can tell what they associate cinnamon with:) ). We went on a listening walk. I filled 12 eggs with 6 different items and had the kids shake them to see if they could match the eggs up. We spent a lot of time talking about our senses and how they make us aware. Now all the kids will talk about what senses they are using at any given time. It was definitely one of those weeks in preschool that they really picked up on and applied what we were learning about.

Megan and her glasses.

Matthew and his glasses.

2 comments: