Monday, February 3, 2014

Family of Monkeys

Let me introduce you to our family: There's baby monkey, who is also known as Matthew monkey. Then there's Megan monkey and Sarah monkey, Mommy monkey and Daddy monkey.

Here's a sampling of conversations overheard at our home lately:

"Can you get me some more milk, Mommy monkey?"
"Mommy monkey, when is lunch?"
"Daddy monkey, please carry me."
"Bye, Sarah monkey! Have fun at school!"
"Come on, Megan monkey! Let's go play."
"What are you doing, Matthew monkey?"
"I'm not Matthew monkey. I'm baby monkey."

It seems like almost every sentence has a "{somebody} monkey" in it. So we're hearing lots of monkey business.

Why did this start? I'm really not sure. Maybe it was after Megan ate two whole bananas one day for lunch in addition to her yogurt, apple and carrots. She's been eating a lot of bananas in general and I probably made some comment about how she was going to turn into a monkey. Which she apparently did! As did the rest of her family. And while everyone participates in the monkey business, it is definitely Megan who is the most into it.

I love kids! They certainly keep things interesting :)

4 comments:

  1. Its hard to keep up with the Otting family trends, Mommy, Daddy, then Frozen, now monkeys. That is a very creative group you have.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are the cutest monkey family I've seen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha!! Now don't go jumping on any beds!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree that you are a cute monkey family.

    ReplyDelete