Sunday, July 22, 2012

Prayer and Multiplication

For Enrichment one day this past week, Sarah did some amazing multiplication. She started doing simple one digit multiplication in first grade so I know she knows that basic mechanics of how it is done. However, this multiplication that she did was a three digit number multiplied by a one digit number. What's even more amazing than this is that Sarah didn't have any of the numbers she carried written down. All that was there was the answer.

When I asked her to explain to me how she got the answer, she told me that what she did was say a prayer about the problem and then she got the answer. Pretty amazing, huh?

However, the next day when she tried to repeat the feat after I'd removed the answer sheets from the back of the book, the answers didn't come so clearly....

1 comment: