| Sarah attended a quinceañera for her friend Elizabeth. She had a ball. |
| Grandma O gave us a box of love which has been very popular. Matthew and Megan especially like to have a good dose of love every day. (The box had cinnamon sugar in it.) |
| We went to the Gilbert Riparian Preserve for a bird walk. We saw lots of birds and really enjoyed our time. |
| Random trip to the park. When did they get big enough to do crazy things? |
| Megan and Matthew gave U a LEGO set and some treats for a date. They built the submarine and ate gummy LEGOs. The gummy creation is a multi colored alligator. |
| Our domino game ended up looking like a tree. |
Megan and Matthew had Math and Science night at their school. We got to see inventions based on animal adaptations and do a bunch of different activities.
| Matthew with his "Sun Shield" |
| Details of his invention. |
| Megan with her "Jackhat." |
| Details of her invention. |
| The Phoenix Herpetological Society was there with lots of interesting reptiles. Megan of course loved being with the animals. Here she pets a baby alligator. |
| Matthew created a giant gear creation with his friend Micah. |
| One of the teachers was organizing the kids to make a giant tower and trying to beat another group that was making one. Megan and Matthew were both helping out. |
| Megan also started her own tower with a friend. |
| Sarah did her science experiment on how the color of cloth affects heat absorption. |
Megan and Matthew had their second running club race of the season.
| Megan ran the 1.5 mile course in 15 min 33.16 sec. She timed herself on her watch. |
| Matthew ran the course even faster since he finished before his sister. |
A few memorable quotes from the month:
Megan About Magic Erasers
"They really are magic! I wonder what they are made of? I hope it isn't rainforest stuff."
Matthew on getting taller
"I'm going to be a little taller than dad. I told him that, so if thoughts make it happen then I will be taller than him!"
Good learning you all.
ReplyDeleteImpressive science projects and I love the quotes.
ReplyDelete