Megan is very into things being hers. Like the sun. "They are talking about my sun," she said one time. Whenever it is going down, she says, "My sun is going down." In the morning, she'll often say, "My sun is up!" And the moon is Matthew's and the stars are Sarah's and she looks out for them, too. When she and I were out after dark one evening last week, she pointed to Matthew's moon and counted Sarah's stars. One of my favorites was when she pointed to a picture and said, "My cow is jumping over Matthew's moon!" (She feels like cows are hers too since she drinks cow's milk. Like I said, she thinks things are hers...)
We try to teach the kids that they can do hard things. Megan, in particular, has embraced this and will come tell us when she's done a hard thing. She uses it on us, too. For example, one time when Megan and Matthew were sitting at the front of the stroller, I asked them to scoot back so it wouldn't be so hard to push. Megan promptly responded with, "Mom can't do hard things. Just dad."
Speaking of dad, he can do anything. And I do mean anything. Have a piece of torn paper? No problem--daddy can fix that. Did a plastic toy break? Dad can fix it when he gets home. A glass broke? Don't worry--daddy will take care of it. It's pretty cute how she has so much confidence in daddy's abilities to make things better. And while the examples above are things he can't actually fix (just don't tell a certain 4 year old....), he often can fix things. He says it's nice to be somebody's hero.
Megan says "because" a lot. Her sentences will often be a string of thoughts strung together with "that because" joining them together. For example, she might say, "I love my baby that because I can take care of her that because I'm a good mommy that because I love her very much that because she has blue eyes that because I have blue eyes, too......" They can go on and on and on.
Megan is very set in her ways and likes things how they are. If something is out of the ordinary, she might protest. For instance, one day last week we ate dinner at the breakfast bar instead of at the table. She protested, telling us that we needed to eat dinner at the table, not the counter. She can be quite adamant that things need to be how she thinks they should be. (We did finally convince her it was ok and that we could even eat breakfast at the table.) It can definitely be interesting sometimes when she gets an idea in her head. For example, one time she asked me why someone at church had a bandaid on. I told her I didn't know. Her reply? "Mom, I know you know."
And I can't talk about Megan without saying how nurturing she is. She is really concerned with taking care of people and helping others. If someone is sad, Megan tries to help them feel better. This definitely shows in her prayers--she will pray to help others that are having a hard time or may be sick (and she will tell you if you don't pray for someone she thinks you should--"Mom, you need to pray for Elizabeth to sleep better.").
Megan will give us a play by play of what happened. For example, there was one time she was jumping on a tramp and it looked like she was chewing on something. I asked her what she was eating. She said, "Nothing." Then she proceeded to tell me, "I just bounce on the trampoline and then you say, 'What are you eating Megan.' and then I say 'Nothing.' And then I keep bouncing." It's pretty fun to hear these little commentaries!
In case you are wondering how tall Megan is, she will show you.
She will say she is big because she is this tall (as touching top of head) and that is big. It's quite cute :)
A few of Megan's favorites:
color: purple
food: cheese stick
dessert: cookies
candy: Skittles
restaurant: McDonalds
toy: Spunky (her stuffed dog)
movie: Tangled
activity: playing games
outside activity: go on bike ride
park: "our park" (the neighborhood park that is really close)
book: Pooh Bear books
puzzle: Princess puzzle
game: Bingo game (she got it from the Easter bunny and loves that it is hers)
princess: Tangled
letter: x
socks: rainbow socks (see picture where she's showing how tall she is)
song: Old McDonald/Bingo mash up
Primary song: When Jesus Christ was Baptized
We sure love this girl!!!
We love you, Megan! Happy Birthday!
ReplyDeleteWhat a nice update about Megan. We are glad you're our grandaughter, Megan! You are so much fun to be around.
ReplyDelete