Thursday, November 29, 2012

MAC Farms

Sarah had a field trip this week to MAC Farms and I was able to go with her class. Now if you do a google search on "MAC Farms," the first entry that comes up is in Hawaii. That isn't the MAC Farms we went to. Bummer! The MAC Farms we went to was Maricopa Agricultural Center and is one of a bunch of farms owned by the University of Arizona. Even though it wasn't in Hawaii, it was still pretty cool. They learned a lot about corn. They made Johnny cakes, planted seeds, ground corn, walked through a corn field and made bracelets that show what corn needs to grow. I'm glad I was able to go with Sarah.

Sarah with her seed cup.

Grinding corn the old-fashioned way. It's messy!

Sarah and her BFF Alyssa in the corn field.

2 comments:

  1. Are Johnny cakes like corn pancakes? Did you use the corn you ground? Can you make me some?

    ReplyDelete