Tuesday, May 1, 2012

A Day in the Life....

Life is busy with two one year olds. Whereas a year ago, I spent my time feeding and changing them, these days I spend my time feeding them and changing them and chasing them and entertaining them and dancing with them. It's great! Here are a few pictures of some of our recent activities.

Feeding them.


Matthew pushing Megan in the doll stroller. They both loved it.

Megan has taken to climbing lately. Which makes life interesting. Especially since her little brother follows suit!

More climbing. I love how Megan is patting Matthew. She's very loving to him.

Playing with letters. Megan thinks they work well as bracelets, too.

Matthew loves the letters and will often bring me the bag signing "please, please, please." He also likes sticking the bag on his head.

Feeding them again. They love this little table.


Hugs and kisses. It sometimes seems like there are love wars going on. Here's a recent example:

Matthew gives Megan kisses.

They give each other a huge hug.

Which results in them tumbling to the ground. Then Megan gives Matthew kisses.

This happens a lot. And there are lots of variations. Sometimes it really seems like there are tackle wars or tumble hugs. Then they'll tickle each other. And of course there are always lots of hugs and kisses. So fun!

Megan and Matthew really do love each other a lot. The other day when I went to get them out of the car, they were holding hands. How cute! They do little things like that all the time. Not to say that we don't have our fair share of hitting and biting. However, this is generally followed up by Megan (who is usually the biter or hitter) comforting Matthew (who is letting us know he is miserable). Overall, they get along really well. And they like helping their mom. Who appreciates their help and has even given them the job of putting the salad dressing on the table every night. It doesn't hurt any that the bbq sauce and maple syrup sometimes end up there, too. (They're right by the salad dressing in the fridge. And they look kind of the same.) I sure do love these two!

2 comments:

  1. I really like that action shot of Megan with the letters on her arm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pair! I'm sure they keep you hopping! I love the expressions on their faces in some of the pictures! I just read and laughed, then read some more all the way through this entry.

    ReplyDelete