Today we had Megan's 18 and Matthew's 15 month doctor's appointment. Here are the stats:
Megan:
weight: 23 lb 11 oz (60%)
length: 33.25 inches (83%)
head circumference: 18.5 inches (67%)
Matthew:
weight: 18 lb 7 oz (2.8%)
height: 29.75 inches (7.6%)
head circumference: 19 inches (87%)
Overall, they are both doing great. The doctor had no concerns about either, they are developing appropriately, etc. Yeah! She was quite impressed with how well they both did during their exams--no screaming or crying at all. (Dr. Nason said that 15 and 18 months tend to be the hardest visits because they are more aware of what is going on but yet don't quite understand it. I remember Sarah crying during her entire 15 month check up so I was really thankful Megan and Matthew both did well.) Megan did cry after her shot, but who can blame her? And then Matthew joined in the fun by falling off the chair onto his back and so I had two howling kids on my lap for awhile.
In terms of their stats, I'm surprised Megan is 3.5 inches taller than Matthew. I knew she was definitely a fair bit taller, but didn't think it was that much. And yes, you read that right: Matthew's head is bigger than Megan's! That was a bit shocking to me. I looked back at the old measurements to see at what point Matthew's head surpassed Megan's. In June, his head measured the same at the end of the month (17.25 inches) that hers measured at the beginning. So they were close, if not the same, then. By September, his head was likely bigger (his head was 18 inches at the end of the month vs 17.75 inches for Megan at the beginning).
To have both of them healthy and happy at the same time is quite the accomplishment! What a pair they are!
ReplyDelete