Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Other Tales From Sarah's World

I had an excellent Parent/Teacher Conference with Sarah's teacher.  Summary: Sarah is doing great in everything and the teacher has no concerns about her.  Wow!  Certainly a change from last year and one I'm really grateful for.  Sarah is putting in a lot of work and learning a lot.  For example, every week they have 4 1/2 minutes to do 100 addition problems.  The teacher had warned us the scores would be ugly at first so when she got high 30s/low 40s the first few weeks, I thought it wasn't too bad.  She has been improving steadily and last week got 65!  Her reading skills are taking off as well.  In fact, I found out that she is one of a handful of kids who know their phonograms so well that they get to read instead of doing phonogram practice sometimes at school.  Way to go Sarah!

When Matthew and I were in Las Vegas, Sarah, Megan and U did some fun things themselves.  These included going to McDonalds for dinner, having a milkshake at Chick-Fil-A and eating chips during a movie.  After all of this, Sarah asked U, "Daddy, why are we eating so much unhealthy food?"  Good to know she knows what is healthy and what is not!

Sarah loves being a big sister.  She likes coming up with new games to play with Megan and Matthew.  These often involve the little couches and carpet squares.  She continues to develop her photography skills by taking pictures of her sibilings.  Here are a couple recent ones:


And here are a few cute pictures of Sarah:


2 comments:

  1. Matthew is looking like a red-head. I love the pictures Sarah takes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go Sarah! Working hard at school, having fun at home, and taking great pictures of your brother and sister. I love your smile!

    ReplyDelete